Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sketch Challenge: Rustic Rooster

I just love this Rustic Rooster set from SU and I know it is a set that will stay in my collection for a long time. I pulled it out for today's sketch challenge as I wanted to use the same colors from yesterday's color challenge and I felt like making a "country" card today.

Here's my card...


RECIPE:
Stamps: Rustic Rooster (SU hostess)
Paper: White, Baja Breeze, Ruby Red, Sweet Slumber DP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Ruby Red
Accessories: Riding Hood Red Buttons threaded with Linen Thread, Paisley Cuttlebug Embossing, dimensionals

I actually stamped the rooster and script in Chocolate Chip ink. Then I used a watercolor brush and added some Close to Cocoa and Creamy Caramel ink over top to give the rooster more color and depth. Then I carefully watercolored the red parts of the rooster's head with Ruby Red ink (sorry, I don't know the correct terminology for the rooster's head pieces!). I also sponged the Close to Cocoa and Creamy Caramel inks around the edges and over the script to distress the image a little.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a terrific day!!! :)

1 comment:

Heide said...

Love the colors you used on this card. I just love this set.