Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Two Cards for Today!

I have two cards to share with you today. The first one was Monday's technique challenge. The challenge was to print a picture onto acetate in black and white with your computer, and then color parts of the image with alcohol markers. This was one frustrating challenge. First I had selected two pictures of flowers I had taken over Spring Break in Vegas. But once I started coloring, I noticed the ink from the computer printer was coming off onto my Copics! Eeeek! So I scrapped what I was doing and tried it again.

This time I found a picture of Santa on the internet and printed off on the rough side of the acetate. Then I colored on the smooth side with my Copics. This worked pretty well until I tried to cut out the image with my nestabilities. Then all the little paper scraps from my B plate stuck in the ink from the Copics. When I tried to rinse off the little paper scraps in the sink, the computer ink washed off instead. Ugghh!

Finally, I chose to cut the Santa image with my paper cutter. That worked with no incidents. Here's my card...


RECIPE:
Stamps: Sentiment from Many Merry Messages
Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, White, Acetate
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Ribbon from SU, brads, Copic Markers, Santa picture printed from the internet, distressor
Technique: Acetate with Color

I know it's a little strange to make a Christmas card in June, but I thought the Santa image worked well with this technique.

My other card for today is for Father's Day and the sketch challenge on SCS.

Here's my card...


RECIPE:
Stamps: And Many Mower
Paper: Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, White, To the Nines DP
Ink: Momento Black, reinkers for watercoloring
Accessories: square punches, jumbo eyelets
Technique: watercoloring with reinkers

I think this will be the Father's Day card for my father in law. I made two of these cards, so I may actually send the other card to my brother in Las Vegas for his birthday.

That's all for today! Thanks so much for looking! Have a spectacular day!!! :)

No comments: