Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Procrastinating!

I am the queen of procrastinating. I should be grading papers, but instead I stamped, went out to dinner, messed around on the internet, and am now watching "Ghost Hunters" while I post. I really will pay for this tomorrow... but at least I'm enjoying myself now.

I participated in today's sketch challenge on SCS. I really felt like coloring with my Copics today, so I pulled out one of my Pink Cat Studio Lily sets. She's just so much fun to color!

Here's my card...



RECIPE:
Stamps: Enchanted Lily (PinkCatStudio)
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette, White, Bella Rose DSP
Ink: Momento Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Spica clear glitter pen (on her wings), green rhinestones, ticket corner punch

I'm still working out the best colors for skin tone when I color people with my Copics. I think poor Lily looks like she's been out in the sun too long, or is really swinging vigorously and working up a sweat, since her face is probably a shade to red. Oh well... Copics definitely have a learning curve and I'm still climbing it.

Lily's wings have a really subtle shimmer to them because I colored over them with a clear Spica glitter pen after I colored them with the Copic. They really are pretty and the slight shimmer fits for fairy wings.

That's all for today! Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out what I've done today. Have a wonderful day!!! :)

No comments: