Wednesday, January 28, 2009

SNOW DAY!!!!

Yes! All my praying and backwards pajama-wearing worked! I had today off today! We got about 14 inches of snow! That's a TON of snow! We actually have even more than that on the ground because the snow from past snow storms hasn't melted! My hubby said that you can't see the bushes in front of our house. We've had a record-breaking amount of snowfall for the Cleveland area for January. We've broken the record set from the blizzard of 1978! I, of course, didn't venture outside today. I can see all the snow just fine from the window! Living in Ohio, I definitely know what it looks like already and I don't need an upclose look!

I played along in today's sketch challenge on SCS. I wanted to make some elegant birthday cards for the people I work with. February is a VERY popular birthday month where I work, so I'll need quite a stockpile!

Here's my card....



RECIPE:
Stamps: Garden of Life (PTI)
Ink: Raspberry Fizz (PTI)
Paper: Raspberry Fizz, Black, White, and Black & White dp (all from PTI)
Accessories: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Corner rounder punch, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder, Rhinestone Stickers

What do you think? I was trying for classic-elegant feminine style. I think it's kind-of retro too... because of the pattern of the dp.

That's all for today. I'm sure I'll be back to work tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get in some more time in my stamp room.

Thanks for stopping by and looking! Have a wonderful day!!! :)

No comments: