Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back to School Gifts

Well, it's back to school time for me. I'm really bumming about my summer being over. I've been really pressed for time this week, so I haven't gotten to much stamping. I'm hoping that I'll really be able to get inky this weekend.

This year I have a new principal at school along with 2 new teachers. This past weekend I made some Lemon Pecan Biscotti (recipe from Taylor's blog) to welcome my new principal. I created and decorated a bag band, similar to the one on Taylor's blog, but I enlarged it to fit a much larger bag. Inside the bag I put the biscotti and then made a card to match the bag band. I ended up making 3 identical cards and then used the other 2 cards as "welcome" cards for the 2 new teachers in the building. Here's a few shots of my creations....


This is the card I created.

RECIPE:
Stamps: Making the Grade (CHF)
Paper: Kraft & Dark Chocolate (PTI), Riding Hood Red & Very Vanilla (SU)
Ink: Riding Hood Red & Dark Chocolate
Accessories: Nestabilities, Dark Chocolate Twill Ribbon (PTI), Diamond Glaze (on heart)





Here's the bag I created.

RECIPE:
Stamps: Making the Grade (CHF)
Paper: Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Dark Chocolate
Accessories: Dark Chocolate Twill Ribbon, Large white coffee bag, Biscotti (yum!)

And finally, here's the duo...











Finally, I wanted to create a 3x3 notecard to accompany the "Cheery Cherry Tea" I posted a few days ago. I will give the notecard and packet of tea to the co-workers that I work the closest with at school as a "welcome back" gift. Here's my creation.















RECIPE: (for 3x3 notecard)
Stamps: All Through the Year (SU)
Paper: Real Red, Bashful Blue, Summer Picnic DP, white
Ink: Old Olive, Real Red
Accessories: Corner Rounder punch, Scallop circle punch, 1 1/4 & 1 3/8 inch circle punches, diamond glaze (on cherries), dimentionals

Thanks for looking today! I hope to get some stamping done this week, but with school starting I'm sure I'll be REALLY tired! Have a great day!

No comments: