Sunday, August 24, 2008

Birthday treats

My school secretary told all of us on Friday that Monday was our new principal's birthday. She asked us to put together little treats, etc. to surprise her. This is what I created!


I used one of the nugget tins sold at Papertreyink. I used Darling Doodles designer paper from SU (it's now retired). I filled the tin with Hershey's nuggets. Isn't it cute!!!


RECIPE:
Stamps: So Many Scallops (SAB 2008)
Paper: Purely Pomegranite, Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava, Darling Doodles dp
Ink: SU Markers... Ruby Red, Cameo Coral, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Scallop punch, Circle punches (1 inch, 1 1/4 inch, 1 3/8 inch), 1/4 inch white grosgain ribbon, silver ribbon slider, red liner tape, Hershey's chocolate nuggets, hinged clear top tin (Papertreyink)

Here's an inside view...

I love how this turned out!

I also created a card to match and tried out a pop-up technique that I saw on Splitcoast. I think that SU demo's learned how to do this at convention, but I wasn't lucky enough to go! Here's my card...

RECIPE:
Stamps: It's My Birthday (C.C. Designs)
Ink: Pallette Noir
Paper: Purely Pomegranite, Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava, Darling Doodles Designer Paper
Accessories: Nestabilities, Pomegranite double stitched ribbon, Copic Markers

Here's the inside...

When you open it, the inside pops up! To create the pop-up, I cut a circle and then cut it into a spiral. I glued one end of the spiral to the bottom of the card and then put a dab of glue on the other and closed the card so that it would adhere to the top in the correct place. Then I glued the "pop up pieces" to the spiral. The card lays flat when closed, so the recipiant doesn't expect it to pop up! Super cute!

Have a great night! :)

No comments: