Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hey Chicky!

Greetings! I'm back again with more C.C. Designs stamps. I've had this set for a little while now, and it hasn't yet seen ink! Can you believe that?!? I think that these little chicks are just too cute not to use. I decided to use these stamps and incorporate them into today's color challenge on SCS. The colors were Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss, and Chocolate Chip... I immediately thought this was going to be tough challenge. But once I got going, it flowed quite easily! SCS is promoting Breast Cancer Awareness month through using the color pink in all of their challenges this week. I thought the "Hey Chicky" stamp set would work with these colors and theme.

Here's my card...

I thought this card would be great to send to a friend to remind them to go get a breast exam or to raise a girlfriend's spirits if they were down.



I colored the chick image with my Copic markers and then punched her out with my long rectangle Nestabilities. Once I assembled the layers, I lifted the image panel up over the ribbon and embossed panel with dimentionals. The embossed background was done with the "With Gratitude" cuttlebug embossing folder.


RECIPE:
Stamps: Hey Chicky by C.C. Designs
Ink: Black Momento
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, White
Accessories: Copic Markers, Sweet Blush polka dot ribbon (PTI), long rectangle Nestabilities, designer label punch, 1 3/8 circle punch, key tag punch, With Gratitude Cuttlebug embossing folder, pink rhinestone brads, dimentionals

That's all for today! I'm hopeful to get a new photo editing program soon. When my computer crashed a couple of weeks ago, I lost the one I was using. Thank you for putting up with the not-so-great photos lately. Soon I'll be able to have much better photos!!!

Thanks so much for looking! Have a wonderful day!!! :)

1 comment:

Liz S. said...

Amy, this is so pretty and cute!! Nice way to start the day; thanks!