Thursday, October 23, 2008

Summertime Fun... well, not really!

Brrrrr! Still cold here! We're supposed to get flurries this weekend. Blech! I'm going to have to imagine it's still summer and nice weather. So in honor of pretending that the weather outside is toasty warm and pleasant, I made a card today that's more suited for summer weather.

Today's "Ways to Use It" challenge on SCS was to use a single word on your card. I chose to use the word "Happy" and pair it with an adorable summery image from C.C. Designs. This set is called "Summertime Fun" and is just the cutest!!! I love all the images! They make such bright, cheery, summery cards.


I paired the image with some new paper that just arrived today on my doorstep from Papertreyink. I chose the polka dotted paper from the newest designer paper pack and then matched my colors from there. I tried to tie in pink also, for the Breast Cancer Awareness month challenge on SCS... but my pink is more like a light lavendar today.

The monkey is colored with Copic markers and the image panel is popped up on dimentionals. I stamped the word "Happy" from SU's Happy Everything set with Ripe Avacado Palette ink. Here's the complete recipe:

RECIPE:
Stamps: Summertime Fun from C.C. Designs, Happy Everything from SU
Ink: Black Momento, Ripe Avacado (PTI)
Paper: Ripe Avacado, Lavendar Moon, Plum Pudding, White, Polka dot Parade dp (all PTI)
Accessories: Copic markers, Classic and Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilities, Ripe Avacado twill ribbon (PTI), green button threaded with linen thread, dimentionals

Thanks so much for looking today! Again, sorry for the poorly lit photos. I'm still working on getting a new photo editing program. Hopefully soon!!!

Have a terrific day!!! :)

No comments: