Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wintertime Fun

Hello! Today's sketch challenge was a fun one on SCS. In addition to the sketch, we had to incorporate pink into our design. It's so cold here right now that I was picturing a light pink color with some sort of blue to combine into a wintery scene. I'm so addicted to my C.C. Designs stamps lately, so of course I pulled out one of my faves. This set is called "Wintertime Fun" and has the most adorable sentiment... "There's no day like a snow day". This is definitely a teacher's mantra, and a must-have stamp for my collection! I'm definitely not wishing for snow, but it's supposed to snow this weekend!

Here's an example of just how cold it is...











This is my fur baby, Mia. She is totally wrapped up in a down blanket. She buries herself in blankets when it's cold. Normally you can't see her head, but she was curious about what I was doing. She was just too cute not to snap a picture!

Anyways... back to stamping. Here's my wintery card...

I didn't get to use my favorite sentiment from this set, but I still love this card! I colored the image with my Copic markers. The image is framed with classic and scalloped rectangle Nestabilities. I also used the ribbon label Nestabilities to cut out and emboss the sentiment. I rubbed blue metallic rub-on paste onto the sentiment label to make the embossing stand out a little more. Silver ribbon from Papertreyink is threaded through the ribbon label. I used the Cuttlebug Snow Dots embossing folder on the elongated panel in the back. The main image and sentiment is popped up on dimentionals.

RECIPE:
Stamps: Wintertime Fun by C.C. Designs
Ink: Momento Black
Paper: Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush, White (all PTI)
Accessories: Copic markers, classic and scalloped rectangle Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Snow Dots embossing folder, Spellbinders ribbon tag, silver ribbon (PTI), corner rounder punch, metallic rub-on paste, dimentionals

That's all for today! Thanks so much for looking! Have a wonderful day!!! :)

No comments: