Monday, September 8, 2008

Haunted Shimmer

Here's today Technique challenge on SCS. I'm not sure I like this technique... it was definitely new to me. This is the Embossed Shimmer technique.

You need Lumiere (SU used to sell this, but hasn't carried it for about a year or two) and acetate. The directions on this technique can be found HERE.

The spiderwebbed acetate is actually a shimmery purple/green color. I used glorious green and lovely lilac reinkers to tint the lumiere. This card is actually my THIRD attempt at this technique tonight. When I located my Lumiere (it's been a while since I've used that stuff), it was all dried up! I was able to pour small amounts of water into the jar and stir it carefully with my paper piercer. Finally it started to loosen up and I was able to use it! It's still not the same consistency that it was when it was new, but at least I was able to participate in today's challenge.

I colored the haunted house image with Copic markers and cut it out with circle Nestabilities. Here's the rest...

RECIPE:
Stamps: House of Haunts
Ink: Momento Black
Paper: Lovely Lilac, Glorious Green, Basic Black, White
Accessories: Spiderweb Cuttlebug embossing folder, Copic makers, Lumiere, Glorious Green & Lovely Lilac reinkers, Black brads

Thanks for looking!!! Have a wonderful day! :)

No comments: