Monday, September 22, 2008

Pineapple Gratitude

I'm still feeling kind of under the weather and I'm not really motivated to stamp today. So instead I'm posting a card I did a couple of weeks ago when my "newer" Papertrey stuff arrived. My "newest" package from Papertrey arrived today, but I've only unpacked it and put it away.(you know... so the evidence of my overspending is hidden!!) I'm hoping to get my mojo back tomorrow and feel a little more like stamping. Maybe then I'll pull out my newest toys and stamp! Until then...

RECIPE:
Stamps: First Fruits (PTI), Sanded (SU)
Ink: Summer Sunrise & Dark Chocolate (PTI), Old Olive (SU)
Paper: Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Vanilla (PTI), Old Olive (SU), First Fruits dp (PTI)
Accessories: Pure Poppy twill ribbon, cream buttons, linen thread, Classic Oval Nestabilities, Metallic Rub-on Paste, Really Rust Marker
Technique: thumping

What do you think?

I embossed the main image oval with my Nestabilities and cuttlebug, then I rubbed some metallic rub-on paste lightly over the embossing to make it more visable. The pineapple was stamped in Summer Sunrise Palette Ink and then "thumped" with a Really Rust marker to give it a "two-tone" look.

A while ago, on Nichole Heady's blog, she used this set and cut the pineapple "rind" with a craft knife to make the "rind" stand out more. I decided to try the same thing and I really like the results.

Here's a close-up of the raised "rind" of the pineapple...

You can see the raised parts and also the subtle highlight that the metallic rub-on paste gives to the embossed edge. You can also see the subtle contrast between the Summer Sunrise ink and Really Rust marker.

Thanks so much for looking today! I hope to be back tomorrow with something new. Have a great day!!! :)

No comments: