Saturday, September 13, 2008

Inspiration Challenge--Pier 1

Hey everyone! Today's inspiration challenge on SCS was to be inspired by THIS room. I chose to be inspired by the art leaning up against the wall on the left side of the room and so I designed today's card around that piece.

I actually made two cards and used different ribbon on each. I'm undecided as to which ribbon I prefer, and would love for my viewers to give their opinions! Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know which ribbon you prefer.

Here's the cards...





Soooo.... which one???













Both cards are basically the same except for the ribbon. I colored the flowers with my copic markers... using yellow on most of the flower image and then blending in pink into the middles. I then colored gray in the background and used a darker shade of gray to outline the flowers and make them pop. Here's the recipe...

RECIPE:
Stamps: Garden of Life (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Black (Momento)
Paper: White & Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink), Basic Gray (SU)
Accessories: Copic Markers, Cuttlebug embossing border (left side of card... hard to see in the pictures), Dark Chocolate Ribbon--Polka dot satin or Regular Satin (Papertrey Ink)

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a wonderful day! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new blog! I vote for the dotted ribbon. It stands out much better.

Anonymous said...

Well, you did a beautiful job and I like them both, but I think I'm being drawn to the polka dots!