Saturday, September 20, 2008

Inspiration Challenge

Today's Inspiration Challenge on SCS was a good one. As soon as I saw the beautiful dishes that were our inspiration, I knew what colors I wanted to use. The challenge was posted last night, so I had hoped to get it finished early. Once I pulled the colors out and started cutting down my cardstock, I decided that I needed to sleep on it to get my ideas together.

When I woke up this morning, I wasn't feeling so hot. I've got a sore throat and am just running low on energy today. Blech! Well, I finally got around to finishing my inspiration challenge card. Much later than I had hoped!

Here it is...


RECIPE:
Stamps: One of a Kind, Boho Backgrounds (both SU), sentiment from Simple Little Things (PTI)
Ink: Timber Brown Stazon, Cool Caribbean, Creamy Caramel
Paper: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Cool Caribbean
Accessories: corner rounder punch, filigree brad (SU), 5/8 inch Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, silver elastic cord, tiny tags cuttlebug die cut, dimentials, clear Spica glitter pen (on flower... hard to see in photo)
Techiques: watercoloring with reinkers

What do you think? I love the bright Cool Caribbean color on this card. I think the Chocolate Chip makes it pop.

Thanks so much for looking today! Have a wonderful weekend!!! :)

No comments: