Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Get Well Card and Fireworks

Today's "Ways to Use It" challenge on SCS was to use scoring in some way on a card.... either doing an unusual fold or scoring on the card itself. I chose to make a masculine card (always a challenge for me) and to score a frame around the edges. I'm also trying to use up my In-Colors cardstock from last year, so I pulled out some of those colors to use. (Gotta make room for the new colors!) My father-in-law is having back surgery next week, so I decided to make this a get well card.


I used my score pal to score around the edges of the main sheet of cardstock. I scored 1/4 inches from the edge. I then stamped the deer image in stazon ink on a very vanilla panel and colored it with my watercolor wonder crayons. The deer image was cut out with the classic square nestabilities. Then I used the classic rectangle nestabilities to cut out the true thyme and kraft panels. I used my cropodile to insert the jumbo pewter eyelets in the true thyme panel and strung linen thread through the eyelets a few times. The linen thread was secured on the back with a mini glue dot. The sentiment, "Wishing you well" is from Verve stamps.

Overall I think it turned out really well! It's a very simple and clean layout, but most of my masculine cards are!


Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Noble Deer (SU), sentiment from Verve
Paper: Cranberry Crisp, Kraft, True Thyme, Very Vanilla
Ink: Black Stazon
Accessories: Watercolor wonder crayons, jumbo pewter eyelets, linen thread, square and rectangle nestabilities, Score-Pal


Tonight, my husband and I will be heading to his parent's house. They live on a small, private lake that does fireworks every year. We'll go out on the lake on the pontoon boat and watch the fireworks from the middle of the lake. The worst part is driving the boat through the tunnel to the main lake. The lake is split by a road, however there is a tunnel that connects the smaller lake with the main lake. Giant spiders live in this tunnel, so driving the boat through always gives me the willies! I usually sit on the floor of the boat with my hood or a blanket over my head until we get through to the other side. Hopefully, the rain will stop here and the fireworks won't be canceled.

I'm not sure if I will be able to post tomorrow or not. We'll be heading up to our boat on Lake Erie and spending a couple of days with friends over at Put In Bay. We'll watch the fireworks up there too and hopefully enjoy Heineman's winery (my favorite part of going over to the island). Have a happy 4th!!!!

No comments: