Monday, July 7, 2008

Whew! What a weekend!!!

Well... we're back! We spent Friday and Saturday up at Put-in-Bay with our boating friends. We got to watch beautiful fireworks over the bay on Friday night. It was great! On Sunday, we headed down to my husband's family for his great aunt's 95 birthday party. It was a very busy weekend!



I didn't get any stamping done over the weekend, but I did get to the challenge today on SCS. The challenge was to create a spinner card. I've never made one of these before, so it was kind of a challenge for me. Tomorrow is my husband and I's 2nd wedding anniversary, so I chose to make this card for him.



This first card shows one side of the spinner.. it says Happy Anniversary.


When you spin the spinner around it says, "My Sexy Handyman".


I used the "Handyman Jack" set from C.C. Designs. "Jack" doesn't have a goatee, so I added it to make him look more like my husband. My husband is always doing projects around our house. He is definitely my handyman. He has finished our basement, remodeled the upstairs of our house (all 4 bedrooms and master bath), put in an underground sprinker system in our yard, and fixed a leak in our roof. His next projects will be to redo our living room, family room, kitchen, downstairs bathroom, and the 2nd bathroom upstairs. All that and he's also working on making me ribbon gutters to store my ribbon. I'm really lucky to have such a handyman.


Recipe:
Stamps: Handyman Jack (C.C.Designs), Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink), Weathered (SU)
Paper: Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, White
Ink: Black and Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Screw brads, colored pencils & gamsol, punches (1 3/8 inch circle, 1 1/4 inch circle, designer tag, 1 inch circle), dental floss
Technique: sponging, spinner, gamsol magic

Here's a few pictures from my weekend....

This is a picture of Perry's Monument up on Put-in-Bay. It's the second tallest monument in the US... second to the one in Washington D.C.


This is one of my favorite restaurants... The Boardwalk. They serve the BEST lobster bisque. Plus you get to sit outside by the water and watch the boats go by. This picture was taken from our boat... we were one of the boats going by.

These are all the sailboats docked out in the bay. It was very busy for the 4th of July weekend!



My hubby driving our boat. Isn't he cute?



I'll be back tomorrow with more stamping, hopefully! I really have some swaps I have to do and get out in the mail by the end of the week. Yikes! Have a great night!


2 comments:

Lissette said...

First CONGRATS on your anniversary tomorrow. I wish you many more years of happiness together.

Secondly, I love the cards and pictures. Also, good for you on setting up your own blog. I think it's great. Looking forwrd to more.

angela said...

i wish you a very happy anniversary!! and congrats to you my fellow "inky fingers" stamper(princessinkyfingers.blogspot.com my new stamping blog too!), and i look forward to seeing more from you!

i finally set mine up, but am still in te process of getting my watermark together, and posting my card recipes.

good luck and be well