Monday, July 21, 2008

A new post! Finally!

It's been forever since I've posted... I got busy cleaning out my stamping studio and then I just didn't feel like stamping! Go figure! I must find my messing inspiring. Plus I had a bunch of swaps that I had to get done. Here are my latest cards!

This card is for a SU demo only swap. I changed the layout a tiny bit on the swaps that I sent in... I didn't knot the ribbon on the final cards. It was too much work and using too much ribbon.

Recipe:
Stamps: The Free and the Brave
Paper: Ruby Red, Night of Navy, Very Vanilla
Ink: Ruby Red, Night of Navy
Accessories: brads, Vanilla grosgrain ribbon, SU markers

Isn't is pretty?!? I really like how it turned out. The knotted ribbon was actually part of a SCS challenge a few weeks ago and this was the card I created. I liked it so much that I decided to use it for the swap... minus the knotted ribbon.

This card is also for a demo only swap. I browsed around on SCS until I found a few ideas that I really liked and then I used the inspiration to create this card. Patriotic, huh?!?

Recipe:
Stamps: Big Birthday Candle, Celebrate Everything
Paper: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Real Red
Ink: Night of Navy, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: White eyelets, 5/8 inch Real Red grosgrain ribbon
Technique: thumping (on candle flames)

Finally, this is my final swap card.

I made this also for a SU demo only swap. I needed to use a stamp from the "Naturals" section of the SU catalog.
Recipe:
Stamps: Seaside, Sanded background
Paper: Very Vanilla, Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: 5/8 inch chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon, brads, distressing tool
Technique: sponging

These swaps are all mailed off and I can relax a tiny bit... I have a BIG swap due in a few weeks. I signed up for two positions in a 25 + 1 swap... that's 52 card fronts I have to make! Ouch! What was I thinking???

Today's technique challenge was a fun one today. Very challenging! We had to use the colors bravo burgandy and creamy caramel, a provided sketch, and the baby wipe technique all on the same card! This was hard for me, but this is what I came up with....

I think it turned out pretty!

Recipe:
Stamps: True Friend, Canvas
Paper: Bravo Burgandy, Creamy Caramel, Very Vanilla
Ink: Bravo Burgandy, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Forest Branches cuttlebug embossing folder (yea! They arrived today!), 1/4 inch burgandy grosgrain ribbon, brads, circle punches, dimentionals


You can't really tell in the picture, but the dry embossed bravo burgandy piece is raised up a little on dimentionals. I punched half circles out of that panel so it sits above the actual stamped circles. I also adapted the baby wipe technique a tiny bit. I created a "stamp pad" out of the baby wipe and used the blended reinkers on the baby wipe to ink up my image stamp. I think it turned out pretty!


Today was like Christmas! I received a delivery from the UPS man! My SU preorder stuff finally arrived. I haven't had a chance to play with the new in-colors yet. Hopefully tomorrow. Plus, I mount all of my SU stamps on thin EZ-mount, so I'll have to do that too. In addition to my fun preorder... my cuttlebug order from Ohmycrafts.com finally arrived! This was the July release and I ordered 9 new embossing folders. I have so many new toys to play with! Plus, I ordered 11 of the holiday (Christmas, fall, and Halloween) folders that will be released in August! I can't wait to get those too!


Have a great night! I'm posting late tonight. Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow to post some more. See you then! :)

No comments: