Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Today's Sketch Challenge... grapes!

For today's sketch challenge, I chose to use one of my favorite sets. Gorgeous Grapevine is one of those retired SU sets that will never leave my possession! I can always make beautiful cards and coasters with this set!

Here's my card....

I two-step stamped the main images and mounted them on squares cut with my classic square nestabilites. Once I had the pieces glued together, I decided that the card needed something else. So I pulled out my cuttlebug embossing folders and chose the script folder to emboss the card. I felt like the card STILL needed something, so I put copper brads in all four corners and attached copper cord around the edges of the card by twirling the cord around the brads. It was finished off with a bow in the copper cord. I think it turned out quite pretty!
Recipe:
Stamps: Gorgeous Grapevine (SU retired)
Ink: Vintage Violet (retired), Elegant Eggplant, True Thyme (retired), Always Artichoke, Sage Shadow (sponged around the main image panels)
Paper: Vintage Violet (retired), Creamy Caramel, Sage Shadow, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Classic Square Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Script embossing folder, copper brads, copper cord
Technique: Sponging (on embossed script and around edges of image panels)
Thanks for looking! Have a wonderful day!

No comments: