Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Today's Color challenge

What a long day yesterday! Jeff worked on the basement until around 1:30 am! Then he got up and went to work around 7:00 this morning! The poor guy is going to be exhausted tonight!


Today's SCS color challenge was to use River Rock, Soft Sky, and Very Vanilla on a card. I can honestly say that I'm going to miss these in-colors from SU when they retire. I never really got into last year's colors, but this year I found them very easy to work with. I even have brand new packs of the newest in-colors that I haven't opened yet because I can't stop using the retiring colors. Last week I put in one last order for the retiring in-color cardstock to help me make it through my fix. Anyways... here's today's card...

Isn't it pretty? I have a harder time working with the River Rock when putting it with a lighter color, but I like it!

Recipe:
Stamps: Take a Break by Annie LaPointe (My Favorite Things)
Ink: Black
Accessories: Markers (a mix of Copic and SU because I don't have all the copic colors that I wanted to use on this card), SU scallop border punch, NEW cuttlebug Argyle embossing folder, Nestabilities (scallop and classic rectangles), Soft Sky double stiched ribbon, copic spica clear glitter pen (on the flowers and few places on the tub)

I'm off to work on some swaps now. I'm going to try to use the newest in-colors. If I have time later, I'll try to post my creation. TTFN!

No comments: