Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Terrific Tuesday Color Combo Challenge

Today's color combination challenge was to use groovy guava, barely banana, and chocolate chip in a card. I never would have come up with this combination on my own. In fact, I never really cared for groovy guava, but I do like it with the banana and chocolate chip. Go figure!

When I put the colors side by side, I thought about the new ice cream set I just got yesterday from My Favorite Things. The colors just screamed ice cream to me! Here's my card...



Recipe:
Stamps: Here's the Scoop from My Favorite Things
Paper: Groovy Guava, Barely Banana, Chocolate Chip, White
Ink: Black, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots & Devine Swirls embossing folders, nestabilities (classic and scalloped oval), copic markers, sticker gemstone, spica clear glitter pen, dimentionals
Technique: sponging

Isn't it cute?! I love how it turned out!

Yesterday I totally forgot about the thank you card I made for my in-laws. For our anniversary, they bought us a set of mexican themed salsa dishes and bowls... really cute! I purchased the "Muchas Gracias" stamps from allthatscraps.com a few weeks ago and thought it would make the perfect thank you card for the salsa set. Here's my card...



I stamped the chihuahua three times and the cactus twice. I colored the images with my copic markers (love them!) and then cut out, layered, and popped up the cactus, dog ears, and hat to give him a more 3D look. The designer paper is actually from a halloween pack I bought at Archivers this past fall. The orange in the swirls matched almost exactly with the pumpkin pie cardstock. I think that chihuahua is soooo cute!
Tonight, my husband and I will go out to dinner for our 2nd anniversary. We're going to a restaurant called, Mitchell's Fish Market. It is awesome! I always get the Chilean Sea Bass, shang-hai style... they cook it with spinach and ginger and soy sauce. It is phenomenal! My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I can't wait!
See you tomorrow!!! :)


No comments: