Monday, November 17, 2008

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Anyone out there? It's been a while since I've had any comments. This is my shameless plea to please let me know you are lurking around out there. :)

I didn't get in any stamping yesterday. I was a total lazy bum! I've been fighting off a cold for about 2 weeks now and I think it caught up with me yesterday. I slept in until noon! Not kidding! I woke up and looked at my alarm clock and about died! Noon! Who does that?!? Well, after I went downstairs and ate breakfast, I stayed in my pj's until about 2:00, just chillin' on the couch, watching tv. After that, my hubby and I went out the Kohl's and did some shopping and then out to dinner. That was it! I was totally a bum yesterday!

Today I hit the grocery store. I HATE the grocery store! I would much rather spend my money on fun stamping stuff than spend it on uber-expensive food. If we totally didn't need it for survival, that would definitely be one expense that I'd forgo.

This week's featured stamper challenge on SCS was from Kendra's gallery. She has a lot of neato cards in her gallery, but I finally settled on casing this one. As you can see, I kept the layout the same, but changed the colors, stamps, and designer paper. It's been a few weeks since I've inked up my cutie-patootie turkey from InkyAntics... and with Thanksgiving right around the corner, I couldn't resist!








Isn't he cute?!?!










Here's a shot of the inside.



I used SU's newest designer paper, Frosty Day, from the Holiday mini catalog. I wanted to use Thanksgiving colors and thought this did the job pretty well. The turkey is colored with Copic Markers. I'm pretty much addicted to them, even though I have a TON of other coloring options to choose from. I really needto challenge myself to pull out the gamsol and prismas or my watercolor crayons more often.

RECIPE:
Stamps: Turkey and sentiments from InkyAntics
Ink: Basic Brown (SU), Momento black
Paper: Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla, Frosty Day designer paper (SU)
Accessories: Copic Markers, clear button, kiwi kiss button, linen thread

Thanks so much for looking today! Have a wonderful week!!!! :)

No comments: