Thursday, November 6, 2008

Monkey Love!

Here's my card for this week's sketch challenge on SCS. I needed a sympathy card to give to a co-worker. Her 28 year old cousin passed away suddenly this week from an unknown heart condition. Sympathy cards are always hard to do... but this adorable little monkey should do the trick to help bring a little sunshine.












RECIPE:
Stamps: Monkey Love by C.C. Designs
Ink: Momento Black, Lemon Tart (PTI), Dark Chocolate (PTI)
Paper: Lemon Tart, Dark Chocolate, White, Dark Chocolate dp (all from Papertreyink)
Accessories: Labels Nestabilities, Copic Markers, Ticket corner punch, Pretties (SU), faux Dew Drops (from Michaels), dimentionals

I colored the cute little monkey with my Copic Markers. I then used my new Labels Nestabilities to cut out the image and framed it using Lemon Tart and Dark Chocolate cardstock, also cut with the Labels Nesties. I used SU's ticket corner punch on all the other corners to make the card more uniform. I pulled out my much neglected Pretties kit and used the smalled flowers. I centered a "faux" dew drop (found in the clearance bin at Michaels) in each flower to give them a yellow, 3-D center. The main monkey image panels are popped up on dimentionals. It's hard to see in the picture, but I stamped bananas on all the Lemon Tart panels with Lemon Tart ink. The sentiment was stamped in Dark Chocolate ink.

That's it for today! Don't forget to head over to the allthatscraps blog to check out more sneak peaks before their big release on Monday, November 10th at 10:00pm est.

Thanks so much for looking! Have a wonderful day!!! :)

1 comment:

Liz S. said...

You've convinced me that resistance to the label Nesties is futile! This is terrific, as usual! Thanks, Amy!