Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happiness is a Journey

This week's sketch challenge on SCS can be found HERE. I really like this sketch! I wanted to make a masculine card and pulled out some of my OLD retired SU cardstock and designer papers. YES! I am still hoarding this stuff! I wanted a rustic, manly feel so I reached for SU's retired Sentimental Journey designer paper and then designed the rest of the colors for my card around that.

Here's my card...


RECIPE:
Stamps: Happiness is a Journey
Ink: True Thyme, Sahara Sand
Paper: Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand, True Thyme, Chocolate Chip, Sentimenal Journey Designer Paper (SU retired)
Accessories: Jumbo Pewter Eyelets, Classic Square Nestabilities, Pewter brads, Photo corner punch, dimentionals
Technique: sponging

Believe it or not, this card is 100% SU, with the tiny exception of the Nestabilities. The way I see it though, anyone can cut squares of cardstock... which makes it SU only. The nesties just make that step a little easier! Right? The True Thyme and designer paper are retired (for about 2 years now!) from SU and I pulled them from my sick collection. I really need to use up this stuff and quit hoarding it! Using it up=more space=more room for new stuff!

I stamped the train image in True Thyme ink onto a Very Vanilla panel. I then sponged Sahara Sand ink all over the cardstock and the edges. The card base is Sahara Sand, which I sponged more Sahara Sand ink over top of to make it look smokey... like smoke from the train. I also hoard those jumbo eyelets... but I sucked it up and put them to use on this card.

That's all for today! Thanks so much for looking! Have a wonderful day!!! :)

No comments: