Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Wintertime Fun!

Yesterday's technique challenge was to create a medallion using a corner punch. The technique tutorial can be found HERE. It's really easy to make and lots of fun to do!

I pulled out more C.C. Design's stamps for this card. They're just too cute!! The medallion made me think of snow, so I went with a winter themed card.


RECIPE:
Stamps: Wintertime Fun by C.C. Designs
Ink: black Momento
Paper: White, Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides, Silver (all Papertreyink)
Accessories: Copic Markers, Large Circle Nestabilities, EK Success Heart Corner punch, Snowflakes Cuttlebug embossing folder, white tafetta ribbon (SU), silver metallic rub-on paste, clear Spica glitter pen

Isn't it cute!?!?

I colored the image with Copic markers and then colored the white on the coat and a little bit of the snowman with a clear Spica glitter pen to give it a subtle shimmer. I also used silver metallic rub-on paste on the cuttlebugged snowflakes to make them standout a little more in the background. The entire card has a soft subtle shimmer to it.

Thanks so much for looking! Again, I apologize for the crummy pictures. I am STILL waiting for my husband to bring home the photo-editing computer program that I need from his work. It was on my computer before it crashed a few weeks ago, but I lost the program in the big crash. Anyday now, I'm hoping that he'll remember to bring it home. There's only so many reminders a girl can give, right?

See you soon! Have a wonderful day!!! :)

No comments: