Saturday, November 15, 2008

Warm Happiness

Friday's Limited Supply Challenge on SCS was to use only acrylic stamps on your project. I have many, many acrylic stamps that have sadly, never seen ink! I pulled out my Papertreyink set, Warm Happiness, that was released last month. Tonight is Papertrey's newest release... I haven't even inked up all the sets that I ordered last month yet!







As you can see, I used the same set to create two cards. I pulled sketches from a sketch book I found this summer at Hobby Lobby. When I see coffee mugs, I automatically think of the color brown. I should really try to challenge myself and use colors that are "out of my box", but this just felt right today.






















RECIPE: (Card #1)
Stamps: Warm Happiness (PTI)
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Sahara Sand
Paper: Dark Chocolate, Kraft, Vintage Cream (all PTI)
Accessories: Classic Rectangle and Circle Nestabilities, flower from the SU Pretties kit (dyed with Dark Chocolate Pallete ink and heat set, vanilla pearl from Pretties kit


RECIPE: (Card #2)
Stamps: Warm Happiness (PTI)
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Sahara Sand
Paper: Dark Chocolate, Kraft, Vintage Cream (all PTI)
Accessories: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, dimentionals, Dark Chocolate twill ribbon (PTI), corner rounder punch

Dying the flower was really easy. All you need is an ink pad, a sponge dauber, and a silk flower. I used Palette ink, because I knew it could be heat set and is permenant on fabric. If you ever stamp on clothing, Palette ink is the way to go because it won't wash out once it is heat set. All I did to dye the flower was to smoosh it into my Dark Chocolate ink pad. I used the sponge dauber to really smoosh it in and spread the ink. Then I heat set the flower with my heat gun. I held the flower on my heat resistant stamping surface with my paper piercer so it wouldn't blow away and I wouldn't burn my fingers. Ta-Da! A perfectly coordinating dyed flower!

Thanks so much for looking today! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!! :)

No comments: