Sunday, November 2, 2008

Froggie Flies Away!

I finally got to some stamping today. Friday and Saturday are a complete blur! Running from my husband's great aunt's funeral across town to my mother's birthday dinner... crazy!

Now I'm not feeling well. Isn't that the way it always goes?? I think it's because I'm so totally run down from running here, there, and everywhere. I'm hopeful that my illness passes quickly.... especially since it's starting to resemble the stomach flu and I have one more day of parent-teacher conferences to get through tomorrow.

Today's featured stamper on SCS was Becca Stamps. I chose to case THIS card from her gallery. I changed quite a bit. First, I chose to use this ADORABLE stamp set from C.C. Designs, called "Froggie and Friends". I'm always in need of birthday cards, since I recognize everyone's birthday at work. I chose to ink up the cutie frog and made him flying away by the balloons. I colored the image with my Copic markers. I cut out the image with the classic circle Nestabilities and then framed the image with another layer of classic circle Nestabilities in Pixie Pink, and my brand new pinking circle Nestabilities in tangerine tango. It was killing me this week that I couldn't play with my new Nesties that arrived on Thursday!!!

I used SU's Bella Rose designer paper as my top layer behind the image panel and then layered more kiwi kiss, pixie pink, and tangerine tango cardstock. I matched up some of Papertreyink's new Ripe Avacado polka dotted ribbon with the kiwi kiss. It's not an exact match, but I do think th kiwi kiss and ripe avacado are in the same color family. I finally stamped the sentiment across the bottom of the card.


RECIPE:
Stamps: Froggie and Friends from C.C.Designs
Ink: black Momento
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Pixie Pink, White, Bella Rose dp
Accessories: Copic Markers, Classic and Pinking Circles Nestabilities, Ripe Avacado polka dotted ribbon (PTI)


Thanks so much for looking!!!


Here's a few pictures from my grandmother's 90th birthday party last weekend. My brother flew back to Nevada today. It's always sad when he goes back. I enjoy having him around. Anyways....


This is a grainy picture... but here's my grandmother blowing out the candles on her birthday cake. She's an amazing woman! She's 90 years old, still lives on her own in a retirement village, and only recently gave up driving. She's since sold her car...all on her own!







This is my brother with my cousin's son, Grayson.








This is my cousin's other son, Harrison visiting with baby Ben. Isn't fun to have a baby around to play with?
















Finally, here's a family picture. It's a crazy group!

Thanks so much for looking! Have a wonderful day!!! :)

No comments: