Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Snow! Snow! Snow!

Well, it snowed here this week! A LOT!!! We get what's called "Lake Effect" snow off of Lake Erie. You see, Lake Erie's water is still pretty warm. The cold air from Canada blows over it and the moisture floating in the air over Lake Erie condenses into snow flakes because of the temperature difference. We get a TON of snow because of this. But I love snow... just not on the roads! I was driving home from work today and a car slid off the road into somebody's front yard right in front of me! Eeek! Needless to say, I drove home at a snail's pace!

Here's a shot of my backyard...

Isn't it pretty??! We got about 4 inches total... not too shabby!

This week's color challenge was a repeat... Real Red, Basic Black, and Kraft. I wanted to make a Christmas card with these colors and when I got going, Santa's belt worked it's way into my layout. I think the band across the middle reminds me of Santa's belt... maybe it's a stretch!


This is a newly released set from C.C. Designs called "Christmas Around the World". I just can't get enough of the little monkey! The set includes different ways to say "Merry Christmas" in different languages. I chose the traditional route, but I could have used the sentiment in Hawaiian, German, French, etc.

I colored the monkey with my Copic Markers and then I added Spica Glitter Pens to his hat and he ornaments. I used the Classic Square and Labels 1 Nestabilities to frame the main image. The bow on the card took me FOREVER to tie. Arghhh! I can't stand it when I can't get the ribbon to do what I want. But I finally won that battle! :)

RECIPE:
Stamps: Christmas Around the World (C.C. Designs)
Ink: Momento Black
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, Kraft, White
Accessories: Copic Markers, Spica Glitter Pens, Classic Square and Labels 1 Nestabilities, 1/4 inch black grosgrain ribbon, dimentionals

That's all for today! Thanks so much for stopping by and looking! Have a wonderful day!!! :)

1 comment:

Stamp and Smile said...

Adorable... love the colors and your bling!! Thanks for sharing... smiles! :)