Friday, November 14, 2008

Snowflake Serenade Batik

The "Ways to Use It" challenge on SCS this week was to incorporate watercolor paper into our creations. I wanted to do something different than the traditional watercoloring of an image, so I went back to a technique I described a few weeks ago... Colorwash Batik.

This technique is really easy, but a little time consuming. First, you stamp your images in Versamark all over the watercolor paper and emboss with clear embossing powder. Then you mix up a few drops of reinkers with water in a spray bottle and spray it all over your watercolor paper. On my card, I used Soft Sky and Night of Navy reinkers in two separate spray bottles. After you spray on your color, let the watercolor paper dry. This can take a while because your watercolor paper is saturated. Once dry, sandwich your watercolor paper between two sheets of computer paper and iron on high (no steam), until the embossing is melted away onto the computer paper. Waa-laa! You have created colorwash batik!

Here's my card...








Pretty! Sparkley too! I spritzed the watercolor paper with Perfect Pearls shimmer spray before I ironed the embossing powder away.





RECIPE:
Stamps: Snowflake Serenade (PTI), sentiment from Merry & Bright Additions (PTI)
Ink: Night of Navy, Versamark, Reinkers in Night of Navy and Soft Sky
Paper: Night of Navy, White, Watercolor
Accessories: Night of Navy 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon, silver edge sheer ribbon (PTI), Perfect Pearls, spritzer bottles, iron, clear embossing powder

The layout is very simple, but I didn't want the card to be too busy with all the shimmer and colorwashing. I like the simplicity!

Thanks so much for stopping by and looking today! Have a wonderful day!!! :)

No comments: