Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Chrismas Teabag Fold

This week's technique lover's challenge on SCS was to create a card using the teabag fold. Directions and pictures for this technique can be found HERE. The folding part is really easy... it's the figuring out how it is glued together that's a little more challenging. Once I figured out that the edges are glued 90 degress at the fold, that made it go a lot faster. It's really quite an easy and eye-catching technique.


RECIPE:
Stamps: Sentiment from A Cardinal Christmas
Ink: Ridinghood Red
Paper: Old Olive, Ridinghood Red, White, Ski Slope designer paper
Accessories: SU Top Note die, Corner rounder punch, Nestabilities tag, Ridinghood Red Tafetta ribbon, Metallic Rub-on paste, rhinestone brad

I cut the sentiment tag using my Spellbinder's ribbon tag dies. I then embossed it in my cuttlebug and lightly rubbed red metallic rub-on paste on it to emphasize the embossing.

Thanks so much for looking today! Have a wonderful day!!! :)

1 comment:

Theresa Momber said...

Lovely card! I love the paper you used to the medallion and your layout is awesome. I need some of those spellbinders.