Friday, July 17, 2009

Caardvarks Challenge

This is the first time I've participated in a Caardvarks challenge. They post challenges twice a month and this particular challenge was a sketch challenge. You can read more details about it HERE. You do have to scroll quite a ways down the page to view the challenge, if you're interested.

Anyhoo.... here's my card...

I wanted to create something fun and summery. This little monkey did the trick! I love using summer sun and chocolate chip cardstock together and it makes me think of bananas! Perfect for this little guy!

RECIPE:
Stamps: Monkey Love (C.C. Designs)
Paper: Summer Sun, Chocolate Chip, White, Good Morning Sunshine dp
Ink: Momento black
Accessories: Copic Markers, 1/4 inch chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon, Bazill flowers, buttons, twine, scallop border punch, Classic and scalloped square nestabilities, corner rounder punch

That's all for now! I may be back later to post more. I pretty much have a free day today which means lots of time to stamp!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a terrific day!!! :)

5 comments:

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh!!! wouldja LOOK at that adorable ♥monkey♥?! and yes, yellow & brown "banana colors" are just the perfect setting for him to shine! FABULOUS sketch card! ♥

Anonymous said...

OHA6699Hi, Amy,
Krystie Lee started a thread on SCS about what trends folks have never picked up on, and one of mine is "monkeys" - except for Christine's adorable one that you used here!!

So cute!

Google will not let me post using my Liz S. identity and password, so i'm going to go anonymous!

SmilynStef said...

A big woot woot to you for joining us for the first time at Caardvarks ... adorable monkey and I love those colors ... great sketch design.

Kryssi said...

How cute is that monkey!!?? The colors are vibrant! Thanks for playing along with Caardvarks, good luck!! :)

Daniela Dobson said...

I love the little monkey and the colors are awesome!