Thursday, July 9, 2009

Christmas in July

Today's "Ways to Use It" challenge on SCS was to create a Christmas card... even though it is July. I also wanted to create a card for Amy Rysavy's weekly sketch challenge (AMYRTFS3) so I decided to combine the two challenges and create my Christmas card based around Amy's sketch.

Here's what I created...



I bought this stamp set from SU when it was first released a few years ago, but I've NEVER USED IT!!! Sadly, I have a lot of stamps in my collection that I've never used! Shame on me! But this was the perfect opportunity to ink him up and use him! I also used my brand new designer paper from SU that the nice UPS man dropped off yesterday. Most of my new order was stamp sets and accessories to create (of all things) Halloween cards! I LOVE to make Halloween cards and it's a rarity that I can pass up a fun spooky stamp. You'll have to wait to see that stuff though! But, I did squeek in some Christmas paper on my order too.

RECIPE:
Stamps: Jolliest Time of Year
Paper: Kraft, Real Red, Old Olive, White, Merry Moments SU dp
Ink: Black Momento
Accessories: 1/4 inch and 5/8 inch Real Red grosgrain ribbon, red buttons from SU's playground button pack, classic circle nestabilities, Copic Markers, dimensionals

That's all for today! Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a terrific day!!! :)

3 comments:

Deb said...

I just love this card!! Cute layout and great paper choices!! He's so cute. I don't have this set and am wishing I did!! :-) TFS

Deb said...

This is such a cute card, I just love everything about it!! The layout and colour choices are perfect. I wish I had this set, he's such a sweet Santa

AmyR said...

So cute! THanks for playing along!