Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Cardinal Christmas- More Christmas in July

More Christmas in July for you today. My card today was created for the featured stamper challenge on SCS. I cased THIS CARD in Schirmcat's gallery, but had to change at least 2 things about it.

As you can probably see, I left the layout the same but changed the stamp set. I stayed with the bird theme, but my image was colored with prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. I changed up the colors on the card some too... adding the green. I used a chipboard star covered with dp and sanded the edges and then added a button on top of it.

Here's my card...


RECIPE:
Stamps: A Cardinal Christmas, Canvas BG
Paper: Kraft, Riding hood red, Very vanilla, Merry Moments dp
Ink: Close to Cocoa, River Rock, Black
Accessories: prismacolor pencils & gamsol, chipboard star, button, linen thread, scallop border punch, ridinghood red tafetta ribbon
Technique: sponging, prismacolors & gamsol

That's all for today! Thanks for stopping by! Have a terrific day!!! :)

No comments: