Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Lots of Cards Today!!!

I had a good stamping day today and pretty much stamped all day! The house was clean, the laundry was done... so lots of time to stamp!!!

First, I created this card for today's sketch challenge on SCS. I'm really not ready for fall yet, but I started looking at my newest stamps and which ones haven't seen ink yet. That's how I settled on using "Autumn Days". Plus, I wanted to get used to SU's newest in-colors.

Here's my card...

RECIPE:
Stamps: Autumn Days, Everyday Flexible Phrases, Canvas BG, Weathered BG
Paper: Dusty Durango, Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla
Ink: Dusty Durango, Soft Suede, Crushed Curry
Accessories: Linen thread, Cuttlebug Tiny Tags, Hodgepodge Hardware, Deckled Rectangles Nestabilities, dimensionals
Techinque: sponging and masking

I did a lot of sponging on this card. Every panel was sponged to give it depth.


Next, I needed a thank you card to send to my parents. They bought my hubby and I a set of plastic margarita glasses to use on our deck and boat as an anniversary gift. Here's the card I created using the same sketch...


RECIPE:
Stamps: Cheers to You
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, White, Razzleberry Lemonade DP
Ink: Momento Black
Accessories: markers (SU and Copic), Razzleberry Polka Dot Ribbon, Prima flowers, rhinestone stickers, stickles

I put glittery stickles on the rim of the glasses to make it look like sugared or salted rims. They cherry is also a gemstone sticker.

Finally, today is my 3rd anniversary. I always struggle with making cards for my husband, so I was surfing SCS and came across THIS CARD. I knew I had to recreate it, especially since my hubby is not that romantic and most of his cards end up going this route anyways!

Here's my card...


RECIPE:
Stamps: All in the Family, sentiment from Verve stamps
Paper: Old Olive, Perfect Plum, Chocolate Chip, White
Ink: Momento Black
Accessories: markers, word window punch, modern label punch, cuttlebug embossing folder, dimensionals

Tee hee!!!! Isn't it funny!?!? I'm sure he'll get a kick out of it!

That's all for today! I'm heading out to dinner to celebrate or anniversary soon. Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!!! :)

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

These are all very cute--different themes, but I love them all! The pheasant one is wonderful--I need to use my Nesties more!!! And I got a giggle out of the anniversary one---so happy anniversary to you!!!

Deb said...

Oh my goodness!! All these cards are delightful!! I love them all. I just received my pheasant set today and am anxious to use it. Great blog!! :-)

Anonymous said...

beautiful colors on the pheasant card and your anniversary card cracks me up! Great job! Thanks for sharing!

Georgia said...

Love how you wrinkled the sheet. Nice touch!

Just joined your followers. Hope you have time to stop by my blog.
georgiamacdonald.blogspot.com