Friday, July 24, 2009

Guy Cards

We all know just how hard it is to create cards that are masculine. I am a sucker for cutesy, girlie stamps so when I need to make a card for a guy it is pretty darn hard! Today's "Limited Supply Challenge" was to create a card with an image that would have a motor... cars, boats, trucks, trains, etc. To me, this falls under the category of masculine stamps and I simply don't have a whole lot of those. The "Dare to Get Dirty" challenge also had a requirement to create a masculine card, so off I went to my stamp studio to create something manly.

Here's what I came up with....


This card was for the "Dare to Get Dirty" challenge. There were several requirements for it... 1. You could only use 1 piece of designer paper, 2. You had to use 2 stamps, 3. You had to use 3 colors, not counting the white/cream image panel, and 4. It had to be masculine. I also threw some of the other challenges in there too... using something clear (acetate stars) and my punches (key tag and stars). The acetate stars are REALLY hard to see, but there are two located by the sentiment. I punched them out of acetate sheets with my large and small SU star punches. There is a small star in the bottom right corner and a large star under the upper left corner of the sentiment panel (it's attached with that eyelet on the sentiment panel).

RECIPE:
Stamps: Classic Pickup (retired SU)
Paper: Kraft, Basic Black, Real Red, White, Urban Oasis dp
Ink: Black Momento
Accessories: Copic Markers, key tag punch, large and small star punches, hexagon eyelets, acetate, dimensionals

Next, I used the same stamp set to create a card for the "Limited Supplies" challenge. It's not quite as exciting as the first card, but I still like it and it is a "manly" card after all.



This card is not as loud as the other card and makes me think of Bella's pickup in Twilight. It's really quite basic and did not take me all that long to create (which is quite rare because I usually spend at least 1-2 hours on a single card).

RECIPE:
Stamps: Classic Pickups, It's Your Birthday (all retired SU)
Paper: Kraft, Always Artichoke, Basic Black, White, Urban Oasis dp
Ink: Black Momento
Accessories: Prismacolor colored pencils, gamsol, hexagon eyelets, dimensionals

That's all for today. I'm heading up to Put-In-Bay on our boat for the weekend (it's Christmas in July up there and it's a great weekend for craziness with our friends!), so I'm going to try to create some scheduled postings for you. Thanks for stopping by and have a terrific day!!! :)

No comments: