Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Rust, Navy, and Pink????

Yup... that was today's color challenge! Really Rust, Not Quite Navy, and Pretty in Pink! My first thought was BLECH!!! Are you kidding me??? How will I EVER get these colors to look right together.

Well, after much thought, this is what I came up with...


It's not my favorite card, but given what colors I had to work with, it's not half bad.

RECIPE:
Stamps: Serene Spring (retired SU hostess set), Aida Cloth BG
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Really Rust, Pretty in Pink, watercolor
Ink: Really Rust, Stazon Black, various SU reinkers
Accessories: Scalloped corner punch, scalloped border punch, Labels Nestabilities, Petite Oval Nestabilities, Not Quite Navy brads, 1/4 inch Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals

I stamped the focal point image in Stazon black on watercolor paper and watercolored it with reinkers and an aquapainter. I did cheat a tiny bit on the watercoloring and added some fine details with the fine tip my SU markers in the coordinating colors to make the watercoloring "pop" some more.

I don't think I'd use this color combination again, but you never know!

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my stuff today. Have a wonderful day!!! :)

No comments: