Sunday, July 26, 2009

Christmas in July

Yesterday was technically Christmas in July, but I'm going to share with you little stockings I made my co-workers for Christmas this past year. They are so easy to make and you can get the template for FREE here.

I filled these up with cello bags filled with candy and gave them to my school secretary, principal, and co-teachers.


I used an assortment of holiday SU papers and Basic Gray Christmas paper (Wassail, I think). They tags were created with Papertreyink's 2008 Holiday Tag Collection. I cut them out with Classic Circle Nestabilities and tied them to the stockings with silver cord. The cello bags were tied close with coordinating ribbon, although I don't have a picture that shows that. I created the "stitching" with a white gel pen, although you could easily do real stitching with a sewing machine on the cardstock.

These went over really well and everyone LOVED them! And, like I said earlier, they are sooooo easy to make!!!

Merry Christmas in July! Thanks for stopping by and looking! Have a splendid day!!! :)