Thursday, July 23, 2009

Square Cards

There are 2 cards today, so be sure you scroll down to see them both! :)

I never make square cards! But yet I found myself making them today for two sketch challenges and I like how they turned out! I participated in this week's Mojo Monday sketch challenge and combined it with today's "Ways to Use it" challenge on SCS. The SCS challenge was to use a charm on your card. I knew I had a couple of charms stashed away somewhere because I used to make jewerly. So after some digging, I did find a few heart charms to use. I also incorporated the Caardvark's theme and made it a bridal card.

Here's the Mojo Monday sketch...
And here's the card I created...

RECIPE:
Stamps: Heartfelt Hits 1 (Gina K), sentiment from Simple Little Things (PTI)
Paper: River Rock, Chocolate Chip, White, retired SU dp (Brocade Backgrounds, I think)
Ink: Momento Black, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: heart charm, Classic Circle Nestabilities, Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, word window punch, modern label punch, scalloped corner punch, Spica clear glitter pen (on dress), markers, dimensionals

I am totally addicted to my new scalloped corner punch, if you can't tell! I think I've used it on every card I've made since I bought it!

The other card I created if for the "Dare to Get Dirty" event that is taking place on SCS over the next few days. I used the colors from this week's Color Throwdown and the sketch from the Dare to Get Dirty challenge.

Here's my card...


I used my SU pastels to color the butterfly and sealed it with hairspray. The ribbon was retired a few years ago from SU but I still have a large stash of it from a ribbon share.

RECIPE:
Stamps: Stipple Butterfly
Paper: Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, White, retired SU dp (Enchante)
Ink: Momento Black
Accessories: SU pastels, hairspray, Classic Circle Nestabilities, lavender organdy ribbon, brads, scalloped corner punch, swiss dots cuttlebug embossing folder, dimensionals

That's all for today! Thanks so much for stopping by and looking! Have a terrific day!!! :)

13 comments:

Tracey Parrott said...

love both your cards, and I love the retired ribbon too!

Unknown said...

Your cards are just stunning! LOVE that wedding card, the chocolate is so rich and the image so beautiful!!

Christine said...

Your card is just sooo adorable

Georgia said...

You did a great job on both cards! They are beautiful. I love square cards.

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh--what gorgeous & elegant cards! i especially love the bridal one... (& not ONLY b/c it's for CARRDVARKS, honest!) ...with the three patterned paper panels...and that fabulous dancing couple...and the sweet dangly heart charm! ♥♥♥

Jenny in MAine said...

Amy, both cards are very elegant and beautiful!! LOVE the butterfly--and I had no idea about the hairspray tip!! Thank you for sharing!!

I am following you, and I will be back to be inspired, your work is gorgeous, so happy I found you!!

Have a great day!

Hugs,
Jenny in MAine

Kryssi said...

very nice

LeAnne said...

Wow, both cards are wonderful--I love what you've done with the butterfly and the CTD colors--well done! Thanks for playing!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Both cards are fabulous! The wedding card is perfectly elegant, and the Throwdown card is gorgeous! Thanks for playing! (from a fellow Buckeye!)

Carrie Gaskin said...

Really great job on this one too Amy!

amylynne said...

Both cards are so pretty...I love the colors!

SmilynStef said...

Gorgeous cards ... the wedding card is so elegant, and I love that corner punch.

dpkennedy said...

Lovely card! The layers and corners are so pretty! Thanks so much for playing the CTD!