Monday, July 20, 2009

Fabric Flowers, Cupcakes, and a CASE!

I have THREE cards to share with you today, so you'll want to scroll down to see all of them. :)

Today's technique challenge was to create fabric flowers with freezer paper and a die cut machine. Well, let me tell you that freezer paper is rather hard to find. I did find it at my grocery store, however they only had one kind and it was plastic coated instead of wax coated. Wax coated was what the technique reccommended because it was supposed to adhere to the fabric when you ironed it to give it more stability in the die cut machine. I gave the plastic coated freezer paper a try anyways since that was all I could find, but it did not work. So I ended up adding a few cardstock shims to my cuttlebug and finally got it to work without any paper at all.

Here's my technique challenge card...

RECIPE:
Stamps: Everyday Button Basics from Papertreyink
Paper: Kraft, Night of Navy, Bravo Burgandy, White, Night of Navy prints dp
Ink: Handsome Hunter, Bravo Burgandy
Accessories: Buttons, twine, Nestabilities and Cuttlebug flower dies, brad, corner rounder punch, 1/4 inch Bravo Burgandy grosgrain ribbon, fabric

I also participated in the Cupcake Challenge on the Taylored Expressions blog. Details about the challenge can be found HERE.

Here's my card...

It's quite a bit of pink and I'm not sure about the patterned paper I paired together. It's a little busier than I envisioned. Overall, it's not my favorite card, but I still like it.

RECIPE:
Stamps: Cupcake by Hero Arts
Paper: Cameo Coral, Pretty in Pink, White, Raspberry Tart dp, Pretty in Pink prints dp
Ink: Momento Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Nestabilities, Circle punches, sewing machine, 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon in Pretty in Pink

And finally, I started the Featured stamper challenge yesterday but I didn't get to finish it. I got around to finishing it this morning. I cased this card HERE.

And here's my version...
I changed the colors, used label nesties for the main image, used a ribbon slide for the sentiment, scalloped the corners, and added brads.

RECIPE:
Stamps: One of a Kind
Paper: Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black, White, Razzleberry Lemonade dp
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Black Momento
Accessories: Copic Markers, Razzleberry ribbon, Cuttlebug ribbon slide, black brads, scalloped corner punch, corner rounder punch, dimensionals

That's all for today! Thanks so much for looking!!! Have a wonderful day!!!:)

No comments: